Friday, April 23, 2010

Autism within Me

At this very minute i watch Rossy Show on one of TV Channel in Indonesia. Today show is about autism. Autism is a disorder of neural development characterized by impaired social interaction and communication, and by restricted and repetitive behavior. These signs all begin before a child is three years old. Autism affects information processing in the brain. Parents usually notice signs in the first two years of their child's life.The signs usually develop gradually, but some autistic children first develop more normally and then regress. Although early behavioral or cognitive intervention can help autistic children gain self-care, social, and communication skills, there is no known cure.




Knowing about autism, makes me realize how not easy it will be  to have a family member with this characteristic. Just imagine if they were your child, your brother or your sister. They live different. They notice things different. So we might feel that we can't connect with their world. Yet..One child with autism touches the lives of countless others. They can brings out the best in many of the people they meets throughout their life. They can be a source of inspiration for those around them as they leads a happy, healthy life in the process ( I quote this from autism.lovetoknow.com). Even when scientific says that it has no cure..successful autism people prove 'em wrong. They actually can be a professor, author, artist, musician,  a basketball player, even as an advocate.


In my life, i feel not much different with autism people.. i have my own world that other might not understand. I keep it down bellow the smile and sympathetic laugh. I cry when others a sleep at night. I put my self in the closet when i feel like I'm unhappy. Somehow,  it's only me and my own "planet". Some of my friend even find me so annoying that i couldn't stand still and always wandering to ask things.. (Hahaha.. but they are such a great friend to allow me to do that sometimes).


One think I'm sure that autistic are not much different than myself is the fact that they need others the most. Even if they have problem to communicate and developing the social life, they actually need others presence more than anything else in the world. Do you?? ^^

 
I guess autistic or not.. it's  a matter of what kind of world are we lived in. When the world filled with so many autistic people than we are the autistic one among them.

And as a closing statement.. i want to say that none of us is a Superman.. so why bother doing things alone ??


 
I'm No Superman by Lazlo Bane

No comments:

Post a Comment